There are so many great things to do in Astoria, Oregon! That’s why it’s one of our favorite day trips from our bed and breakfast near Long Beach, WA. It’s a quick 25-minute drive, including the iconic four-mile Astoria-Megler Bridge, into the charming small town on the banks of the Columbia River. You’ll find fantastic historical sites, unique museums, stunning nature areas, and award-winning restaurants, breweries, and coffee shops. There’s no shortage of adventures to discover!
Perhaps the most well-known landmark that’s put Astoria, Oregon, on the map is the Goonie’s House from the popular action-adventure film from 1985. There are multiple filming locations, including the Oregon Film Museum (the jailhouse in the movie), and one of the fun things to do in Astoria is to tour these iconic spots. You’ll find quite a few of them on our list below! For those who may not be familiar with the film, these locations still capture an era in history and come along with lots of great stories.
Before you start filling your itinerary with all of the best things to do in Astoria, Oregon, you’ll want to secure your lodging. Our cozy bed and breakfast near Long Beach, WA, is off the beaten path for a quiet and restful retreat. Our intimate five-room Inn is the perfect place to move at a slower pace, deepen your connections with your partner, and create unforgettable moments on a romantic getaway in Washington State. There’s something extraordinary about choosing a small, boutique property as your home base—our Inn becomes a part of the adventure instead of just a place to stay. We can’t wait to host you; book your room today!
Day Trip: Unique Things to Do in Astoria Oregon
There are so many fun things to do in Astoria, Oregon, on a day trip from our bed and breakfast. You’ll love exploring the charming small town on the Columbia River, filled with craft breweries, historical sites, state parks, and museums. Join us for a homemade breakfast at the Inn, then set out across the Astoria-Megler Bridge for a day of adventure!
Here are our favorite things to do in Astoria, Oregon, on a day trip:
- Hop on the Astoria Riverfront Trolley: This historic trolley line is one of the best things to do in Astoria to get a lay of the land and sightsee in style. You can ride the entire route for an hour or hop on and off as you wish.
- Columbia River Maritime Museum: Explore the history of the Columbia River and the vessels that have navigated the passage over the centuries at this world-renowned museum. The exhibit on shipwrecks is fascinating!
- Tour the Flavel House: Step back into the 19th century in this preserved Victorian-era mansion on the National Register of Historic Places list and open for self-guided tours.
- Grab Lunch at an Oregon Brewery: Two of the most popular Oregon breweries call Astoria home. Fort George Brewery has three locations, all in one city block! The pub is the perfect space to try their hoppy and hazy IPAs and burgers, and you’ll find a creative wood-fired pizza menu upstairs. Or head to Buoy Beer Company for its light and tasty brews and seafood-focused pub grub.
- Hike at Fort Stevens State Park: Just outside Astoria, this 4,300-acre state park on the Oregon Coast has 15 miles of multi-use trails, a disc golf course, and it’s home to the famed wreck of the Peter Iredale.
- Head to the Oregon Film Museum: There are so many filming locations in Oregon that there’s an entire museum dedicated to showcasing these places. This is one of the best things to do in Astoria for film buffs!
- Visit the Goonie’s House: Speaking of filming locations, the Goonie’s House is one of the most famous movie homes, and you can admire the nostalgia from the street.
- Grab an Afternoon Treat at Coffee Girl: Located on Pier 39, heading to Coffee Girl is the best place for an afternoon pick-me-up. The cafe has fantastic coffee, pastries, and lunch fare.
- Enjoy a Glass of Wine at Brut Wine Bar: While this charming small town is known for its beer, one of the best things to do in Astoria is stop by Brut Wine Bar for a glass of vino and snacks.
- An Elegant Meal at Fedé: Directly on the Columbia River waterfront, this intimate Italian restaurant is popular for residents and visitors alike with beautiful house-made pasta and craft cocktails.
Stay at our Cozy Bed and Breakfast Near Long Beach, WA
Our intimate bed and breakfast near Long Beach, WA, is the ideal retreat for couples to reconnect and relish in each other’s company. You’ll be close to any number of lovely outings, from the fantastic things to do in Astoria, Oregon, to the stunning beauty of the Long Beach Peninsula. Then, when you’re ready to return to our cozy Inn, you can rest and relax in our elegantly appointed shared spaces, including the lounge or dining room or one of our five guest rooms.
Each of our guest rooms has its own en suite bath, ensuring your utmost privacy and convenience. The private bathrooms are equipped with a personal bath and enhanced by our thoughtfully provided shower supplies that cater to your every need. The Chinook Room is one of our most popular options for romantic retreats, as couples can cozy up next to the gas fire or bask in the heat of the in-room sauna. This spacious room will set the perfect tone and a welcome respite after enjoying outdoor adventures and more!
Our morning meal is another bonus of staying at our bed and breakfast near Long Beach, WA! We’ll pamper you with a homemade rotating breakfast menu. Options may include fluffy frittatas, classic Belgian waffles, fresh farmers market scramble, french toast, and other seasonal items. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions in your booking so we can accommodate you during your stay. There are coffee and tea stations with local products for guest to use at their leisure. Discover all the best things to do in Astoria, Oregon, and join us at The Pearl Inn; book your room today!